Health & Safety
The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and other relevant legislation obliges statutory duties on employers and employees. As Skye Scaffolding London Ltd it is our policy to carry out these statutory duties, so far as is reasonably practicable, and to ensure that the responsibilities for Health and Safety are properly assigned, accepted and fulfilled at all management levels. Employees are required to fully co-operate and support this legal requirement.
Skye Scaffolding London Ltd ensures that all reasonably foreseeable practical steps are taken to safeguard the Health, Safety and Welfare of all employees and visitors to the premises or operation’s under The Company’s control.
Our aim is zero lost time accidents with the objective of training & utilising our staff to become a safety conscious workforce which utilises current best practice. To measure this we will try to achieve a target of 75% or better on all inspections and audits.
Skye Scaffolding London Ltd will, so far as is reasonably practicable, ensure that:
i. The provision and maintenance of plant and systems of work are safe and without risk to health.
ii. Arrangements for use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances for use at work are safe and without risk to health.
iii. Adequate information is available with respect to articles detailing the conditions and precautions necessary to ensure that when properly used they will be safe and without risk to health.
iv. The maintenance of all plant, machinery and equipment at any premises or operations under our control are safe to employees, contractors and any other person who may be affected.
v. The working environment of all employees is safe and without risk to health, and that adequate provisions are made with regard to the facilities and arrangements for their welfare at work.
vi. The Health and Safety Policy is appraised and updated at least annually or after any unplanned or unconsidered event, following liaison with our Company Health and Safety Consultants.
vii. Health & Safety management systems will be tailored to HS (G) 65 guidelines with adequate resources being provided for this requirement.
viii. All staff, contractors or sub-contractors will be advised of any changes to this policy.
ix. Communication of any such changes will be made to all employees in line with the Health & Safety (Consultation with Employees) Regulations 1996.
Skye Scaffolding London Ltd is committed to conducting its business operations in an environmentally responsive manner and recognises the need to continually improve its operations, where practicable, in order to further reduce its effects on the environment.
In order to achieve these overall objectives, the following policy has been adopted:
- To identify and use materials/processes that reduce the risk of pollution
- To re-use, recycle and responsibly dispose of any material in a practical manner
- To promote natural resource conservation by the efficient use of energy and the minimum use of raw materials
- To minimise discharges, emissions and waste and their environmental effects, including maximisation of recycling
- To set environmental objectives and targets against which to measure improvements of environmental improvement
- To ensure compliance with environmental legislation
- To document procedures and continuously monitor progress in environmental performance through regular measurement, review and audit, utilising a management system compliant with ISO 14001
- To ensure that all employees are made aware of environmental issues through a programme of training relevant to their roles.
- To provide information on environmental performance to all interested parties